Articulate Storyline, the first eLearning authoring tool that’s simple enough for beginners and powerful enough for experts. With Articulate Storyline, eLearning authors can create interactivity, software simulations, and virtually any type of assessment with unrivaled ease and speed. Articulate Storyline includes one-click publishing to Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player, a new iPad app that provides the best viewing experience of eLearning content on the iPad.
Features/Advantages over Articulate Presenter:
1. Slide layers: It makes possible to build multiple interactions on a single slide by overlaying objects, eliminating the need to duplicate and manage multiple slides.
2. The “triggers”: It controls activity which occurs when learners take certain actions.
3. The “states”: It makes objects feel alive. There are states available for buttons like hover, visited, disabled, selected etc. We also can add custom states.
4. Readymade mascots: It helps with different perspectives and poses.
5. Variables: As in Lectora, or Captivate, we can define variables to perform the action, which increases scope of functionality and customization.
6. The software simulation and screen-recording capabilities in Articulate Storyline drastically simplifies how eLearning authors create simulations. Authors record a screen session once, then insert the recording as step-by-step slides, choosing View mode to demonstrate a task, Try mode to let learners attempt the task, or Test mode to assess a learner’s ability to complete the task. Because Articulate Storyline processes screen recordings after capturing them, eLearning authors can go back at any time to choose a different mode or fine-tune frames – without re-recording.
7. The quizzing features: Many options are available, e.g. different kinds of Drag-n-Drop, free form activities and many more are included, which were not available in Articulate.
8. Templates: Ready-made interactive templates are available.
The features stated above, makes Articulate Storyline special, better, faster, more customizable, and simpler.